Great things I saw this week...
- Partners working and learning together in Math, Social Studies, and Science.
- Lots of reading and writing in Language Arts.
- Students creating with foil and stitching (not together) in Art.
- Kids learning to play tennis.
- Kids excited to represent Merton in the Mega Math Meet.
- 5th grade students, staff, and families enjoying Camp Minikani.
- Building hot air balloons in Science.
- 6th graders doing Genius Hour presentations.
- Jackie working together with parents and students with a "never give up" attitude.
- 6th graders sharing their portfolios with their families.
- Kids helping each other learn in the hallways and in the final Homework Club.
- 5th grade camp- kids and staff cheering each other on and working together to canoe, do the high ropes, and climb the rock wall.
Monday, May 29th
- Memorial Day- No School
Tuesday, May 30th
- No office day!
Wednesday, May 31st
- 8:00 IEP meeting
- 1:30 PTO volunteer lunch
- 1:30 A-team meeting
Thursday, June 1st
- No office day!
Friday, June 2nd
- Celebration Day
Tweets, quotes, and blogs
Be the One That Believes in Them... (from Ryan Sheehy)
"Life is what we make it--always has been, always will be."- Grandma Moses, folk artist
"Restlessness is discontent--and discontent is the first necessity of progress."- Thomas Edison, inventor
"When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around."- Willie Nelson, singer-songwriter
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."- Marianne Williamson, writer and activist (This might be the quote for my 8th grade graduation message. What do you think?)
"If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think."- Timothy Ferriss, entrepreneur and writer
@mertonint on Twitter
#mertonint on Twitter
Merton Intermediate on Facebook
Merton Intermediate on Instagram
Family smore for 5.25.17
Meemic Back to School grants
Want some money for back to school stuff for your classroom? Use this link to apply. It's simple and it's easy. Good luck!
Have a great day today. I'll be out and about today, gone for lunch from 11:30-12:30, possibly at home for a bit to have a new dishwasher and microwave installed, and checking out the garden, too. If you'd like me to stop in, send me an email or text or tweet and I'll get there as soon as I can.
Be the one!
Take care of the kids. Take care of each other. Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell