Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Finding a balance

I must admit that I have a problem and it has created imbalance in my life.  I have a propensity to be on twitter at all hours of the day and night.  I am getting more connected with more educators on twitter and they really push my thinking, validate my thoughts, or present counterpoints that I need to consider.  I guess I just think I'm going to miss an idea or a conversation that is going to push me to the next level.  It drives my wife and daughter crazy and I understand why.  They just want me to be unplugged and spend quality time with them watching a movie or doing yardwork or just sitting around watching "Dance Moms".  I have to let go and be a husband or a dad more often, especially during the summer.  Does anyone else feel this way?  How do you unplug in order to spend more time with your family and friends?  I need your help.  Or maybe I just provided myself with the answer.  I just need to unplug and enjoy those who mean the most to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment