- Niagara Falls with Jen and Lauren for two and a half days
- Lauren's national dance competition in Sandusky, OH where her group took 3rd place overall!
- July 4th weekend at Fox Lake
- Summerfest (twice)
- Read "Hacking Leadership" as well as most of "Wonder"
- A little golfing and fishing
- #edcampldrWI (EdCampLeaderWisconsin) with Mike and Ron
- Having fun in the garden (Thanks to Brady, Alexis, Abby, Trevor, Owen, and Mr. Middleton for your assistance!)
As I was reading through some emails, I came across this blog post from A.J. Juliani called "5 Rules to a Simpler Life". I need to do a lot more of #2 on the list. We all can benefit from #5, too. I encourage you to utilize these 5 rules for the rest of the summer and then imbed them into the school year. I think that it will have a powerful impact on all of us.
*Don't forget about the summer academy from August 15th-17th. More details will be coming soon!
In an effort to get to know each of you better, as well as to share your awesomeness with our community, I'm stealing an idea from Andrea Gribble of #SocialSchool4EDU. I will be selecting one or two staff to highlight each week starting in August when I begin communicating with families about the upcoming school year. Aside from answering the questions on this google form for your responses, please also include any photos that you would like me to share. If you don't send me any, I'll use your staff photo!
Finally, if you happen to be stopping by school and would like to talk, just let me know. I stop in most days, especially in the mornings, and would love to catch up with you. I miss seeing my Merton family!
It's summer, so make sure you take care of your family, your friends, and yourself. (paraphrased from John Gunnell, Principal in Baraboo)