Saturday, November 12, 2016

#Thankful

It is an honor for me to be a part of #SAVMP (School Admin Virtual Mentor Program), a wonderful opportunity to learn with and from administrators throughout the country.  Our next challenge is to share what we are most thankful for, and the list is short but powerful.

  • I am thankful for my family, every one of them, for believing in me, helping me set and reach goals, and picking me up when even I don't realize I need a pick me up.

  • I am thankful for my co-workers who come to school every day, giving their best for our students and each other.  They keep me focused on what's most important (relationships with our students, relationships with each other, and relationships with our families- the real "3 R's" of education) and hold me and each other accountable.

  • I am thankful for my PLN (Personal Learning Network), especially the two principals who helped me become a connected educator, Curt Rees (@curtrees) and Jessica Johnson (@PrincipalJ), the original #WIAmigos.  Without my PLN, I'd be on an island, writing S.O.S. in rocks on the beach, and stagnant in my thinking and actions.

Thanks to all of you who have helped my become the educator I am today.  Who are the people you are most thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment