Friday, June 21, 2019

It's been two weeks...

It's hard to believe that it's been two weeks since we were all last together.  Summer School has been going well, our kids and staff are still learning and having fun while they're learning, and Dawn and Stephanie are just plain amazing.  I hope that all of you have found a way to get some down time and unplug.  I need to be better at that, especially on the weekends.  If you ever want to stop in to say hi, especially on some of these cool, rainy days, please do!  I'll be out and about in classrooms so come and find me so that you can see the great things going on.  Here's a Summer School Quik video I made.

Calendar
When are you meeting as a grade level?  I would love to join you for a bit of the time.
Mary has created a shared Google calendar for us to use for Intermediate School events.  It will go "live" soon.  This will replace the spreadsheet that we used last year.  If you need a tutorial about how to use this calendar, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
The Teachers Tell Us... (from Pernille Ripp- This blog is the reason I thought I'd send you nuts and bolts this week.  It really made me pause and think about how we talk about our kids.)

Notes from Joe Sanfelippo's keynote at Summer Spark.  Joe is co-author, with Tony Sinanis, of Hacking Leadership.

What are you learning this summer?
I was fortunate to present at Summer Spark this week.  It was great reconnecting with my PLN while also growing and learning with and from new members of my PLN.  Here are links to many of the presentations from Summer Spark.  My favorite is "Thinking Outside of the Docs" which can be found here.  If you have time on a rainy day, why not check them out.

Enjoy the rest of June and I'll be back in touch in July.
Be the spark!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell



No comments:

Post a Comment