Friday, March 26, 2021

I cannot thank you enough

We have almost made it.  One year ago, Spring Break wasn't even in our thoughts.  How we were going to keep the learning was.  And I know that all of you are thinking about this all of the time.  But we have a week to step back and reflect about all of the incredible things that have happened this year.  I was sitting in my office on Saturday morning, and an email from George Couros showed up.  Something made me open in right away and I began to read.  Within the email were three videos, two of which brought me to tears.  All three of them are posted below.  If you'd like me to forward you the email, just let me know and I will.  Why am I sharing these videos?  Each one of them makes me think of you, the impact you are having on our kids and each other, and the joy I have every day coming to school with you and our kids.  Thank you for making Merton Intermediate a place where our kids and the adults feel good about.
Why believing in our students matters.
41-year teacher retirement
Dick Hoyt video (If you don't know who he is, just click the link.)

Calendar
Friday, March 26th    End of third quarter
Saturday, March 27th-Monday, April 5th    Spring Break
Tuesday, April 6th  School resumes/ School board election
Wednesday, April 7th  Grades due at 8AM
Tuesday, April 13th  8th grade Forward Exam (Science)/ PTO meeting
Wednesday, April 14th  5th and 6th grade Forward Exam (ELA)
Thursday, April 15th  7th and 8th grade Forward Exam (ELA)
Tuesday, April 20th  8th grade Forward Exam (Social Studies)
Wednesday, April 21st  5th and 6th grade Forward Exam (Math)
Thursday, April 22nd  7th and 8th grade Forward Exam (Math)
Monday, April 26th  School board meeting
Thursday, April 29th  AHS Math placement test
Friday, April 30th  No school

Tweets, quotes, and blogs

"It is always easy to question the judgement of others in matters of which we may be imperfectly informed."-
P.D. James, writer

(from Heidi with a WHY, Inc.)

"If you're not out there taking some risks, if you're just coasting along with your wins, then you're really not trying."-
Ron Howard, actor, filmmaker

At the end of school today we'll be finished with the 3rd quarter.  Congratulations!  Please do me a favor and think, right now, of one thing that you will remember on those days when things seem really tough.  Here's mine, which I received yesterday from one of our students.

Enjoy your Spring Break, unplug, and I'll see you on Tuesday, April 6th!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment