Friday, August 27, 2021

TEAM

Well, we've had four great days back in school.  I have enjoyed our conversations and our reflections.  As I sat in my office on Wednesday before Open House, I received my weekly email from George Couros.  No, he didn't send it just to me.  I'm on his listserve.  I really look forward to his thoughtful words and gentle pushes.  As I reflect on our work on Monday and Tuesday, this quote from his email really struck me.

"How do we move people from their point A to their point B?"
 
No one has the same point A or point B.  We all, however, need to find how we can move from our own point A to our own point B.  We can't do it alone, so I go back to our discussion about teams.  I woke up early Wednesday morning with this thought in my head about the word TEAM.


So, after setting the stage this week, I'm really excited to move together with all of you to accomplish more for our kids and for each other.

Calendar
Monday, August 30th    School board meeting
Wednesday, September 1st    First day of school

Building access
In case you wanted to know about access to the Intermediate School, you are now able to gain access using door 1 from 6AM until 9:45PM.

Educator Effectiveness
When we are together again next week, I'll be stopping by to give you information for Educator Effectiveness.  The format for this year is similar to next year.  If you have any questions about Educator Effectiveness, I'll answer them when I see you.

Congratulations on getting to the long weekend!  It was great reconnecting, refocusing, and reflecting with all of you.  Enjoy your time with family and friends.  Put your feet up.  Read a good book.  Listen to your favorite music.  Go for a walk.  I look forward to seeing you all Wednesday morning with a smile on your face and a warm greeting for our kids and each other.
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell


No comments:

Post a Comment