Friday, March 4, 2016

Rejointed

After being out a couple of days this week, I can better understand what it's like to be out of your classrooms.  Things get disjointed and are difficult to get "rejointed".  For me, I try to get rejointed by stopping by to speak with all of you, visiting classrooms, and hanging out in the hallways and on the playground.  Next week I'll be getting "rejointed", stopping in to classes, learning with the kids, providing more feedback to you (either with Voxer or walkthroughs), and having an assembly geared toward digital citizenship on Wednesday.  Don't forget to sign up on my classroom support schedule for next week, too.  I love it when you invite me into to support the learning of our kids!

Calendar
Tuesday, March 8th          9-10  Group Yearbook photos (volleyball, forensics, anything else?)
Wednesday, March 9th     RtI Wednesday  8:00 in the Little Theater for all teaching staff
(Topic of our meeting is GT identification and enrichment ideas.  All teaching staff are expected to attend.  Corinne and Sarah are "in charge".  Look for an agenda in your email soon.)
Thursday, March 10th      7th and 8th grade invitation only conferences
Friday, March 11th           Half day (AM schedule)
Here is my classroom support schedule for next week.

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
"Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency."- Maya Angelou, writer and civil rights activist
7 Lessons We Fail to Teach in School (from @ajjuliani)
"When we are no longer able to change a situation...we are challenged to change ourselves."- Viktor Frankl, neurologist and psychiatrist
(www.pinterest.com)
"Being powerful is like being a lady.  If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."- Jesse Carr, labor union leader
"Become addicted to constant and never-ending self-improvement."- Anthony D'Angelo, writer
Believe in Yourself (Motivational youtube video from Jaret Grossman and Eric Thomas. You all need to spend a few moments watching this.)
(from @brewerhm)
"A book lying idle on a shelf is wasted ammunition."- Henry Miller, writer
How to Reach Kids Who Don't Want to Learn (from edutopia newsletter)
"A brave man acknowledges the strength of others."- Veronica Roth, writer
"What is now proved was once only imagined."- William Blake, poet and artist
"The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better."- Robert F. Kennedy, political leader

If you need to see me today, the best time to try to find me will be before school or during lunch.  I'll be shadowing two students today, one 8th grader this morning and one 5th grader this afternoon.  I must admit, I'm pretty excited about this as I'll be only bringing my book, a writing utensil, and my phone.  I know for a fact that I'll have a blog to write once the day is over.  Next week is a much more normal week for me and I look forward to getting back into the swing of things with regular classroom visits.  But I'm really looking forward to my shadow day.  It will be awesome!

Have a great weekend with family and friends, relax, and recognize all the great things you do for and with our kids.
Jay
P.S.- As my good friend John Gunnell would say- "Take care of our kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment