Friday, May 20, 2016

Our last full week?

Can you believe this was our last full week of school?  It seems like there is still so much to do and then something else gets added on.  As we continue to move forward, keep your focus on the kids and each other while here at school.  Keep having fun and keep learning.  The upcoming long weekend will be a great time to relax and renew for the final push.  Keep up with the engaging activities that I have witnessed all week and the kids will continue to perform for you.  If you need me, don't hesitate to email me and I'll be there as quickly as I can.

Calendar
Monday, May 23rd            MAP testing makeups in the STEM lab (9:00 and 1:30)
                                             School board meeting 7:30PM
Tuesday, May 24th             Taste It Tuesday ("Dip It" sign up)
                                             Final day of Homework Club
Wednesday, May 25th        Work Out Wednesday!
Thursday, May 26th          Jeans for Troops ($5 to wear jeans- Funds go to gigofund.org)
Friday, May 27th               PD day (Breakfast from the A-team!)
*Final Culver's Night is June 8th!  Please let me know if you'd like to be a guest server!

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
"The only way you are going to have success is to have lots of failures first."- Sergey Brin, computer scientist and entrepreneur
"It is not length of life, but depth of life."- Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer
"Mistakes are the growing pains of wisdom."- William George Jordan, writer and editor
A Class Finale They Won't Forget (from @ShellTerrell via Edutopia)
"Don't let reality get in the way of your dreams."- Anthony Liccione, author and poet
"It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required."- Winston Churchill, former British prime minister

"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."- Confucius, philosopher and teacher
"To talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop."- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, composer
"Diligence is the mother of good fortune."- Miguel de Cervantes, writer
"The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear."- Socrates, philosopher
@mertonint on Twitter
#mertonint on Twitter
Merton Intermediate School Facebook page
BLT notes from 5.18.16 (Sorry that I didn't get these out to you yesterday!)
Family smore for 5.20.16

Wouldn't this be awesome?
My friend, LaQuita, shared this with my middle school principal's Voxer group.  She visited Dennis, another member of my middle school principal's Voxer group.  I would like to challenge us to do this next year.  We could even get it started this year!  The video link is only 1 minute long.  Now that you've watched it, what will it take?  Who's in?

#EdCampLdr (Yes, this is a repeat)
On Monday, July 11th, EdCampLeader will be happening in Sun Prairie, WI.  I know what you're thinking.  It's a Monday in July.  Why would I want to go to Sun Prairie and be inside all day?  Well, I checked with John Malan and he said it was going to rain all day on Monday, July 11th.  It is also an opportunity to connect with like minded educators as well as those who are not like minded.  You can stretch and learn.  The only thing it will cost you is gas money.  Breakfast and lunch are provided.  And there are door prizes, too.  Here is a link to registration.  If you have any questions, ask me!  You don't need to have a title to be a leader.  You are all leaders!

If you can't make #EdCampLdr...
How about this for an opportunity.  One of my friends, Jason Bretzman (@jbretzman), is initiating International #PatioPD day on Thursday, July 14th.  Here is a link to his idea.  I'd love to talk to you about this.  If someone would like to host, just let me know.  If no one wants to host, I'll be happy to host.  Let me know what you think.

Sometimes I don't get to be in classrooms as much as I'd like during the week.  This week was one of those weeks, especially Wednesday and Thursday.  Today will be much better as I have tours for our incoming 5th grade families all morning and the incoming 5th grade students this afternoon.  Showing off our school, and all that you are doing with our kids, is a highlight, whether in person or on Twitter, Facebook, or Voxer.  Take a deep breath today, soak it all in, and realize that we have an awesome responsibility that we do really well every day.  Don't be surprised if I walk into a classroom with some new friends just to watch you perform miracles.  I love my job, and I hope that you love yours, too!

Have a fabulous weekend.  I'm in the Father/Daughter dance at Lauren's recital this weekend.  We have three shows and yes, there will be pictures.
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment