Friday, February 10, 2017

I missed you this week

As I am sitting in my hotel room in Green Bay, taking a break from learning and connecting with my Wisconsin principal colleagues, my thoughts go to two places- home and school.  The title of this week's blog and nuts and bolts- I missed you this week- is a fact.  I miss when I'm away from my family, even for only a couple of days.  Jen and Lauren are my rocks, they keep me grounded, and they help me realize that I have so much more to learn about being a husband and father.  I also miss when I'm away from you, my school family.  I miss the kids, I miss our interactions, and I miss seeing the great learning experiences that you provide our kids on a daily basis.  I will be back later this afternoon to reconnect with each of you, visiting your classrooms and hanging out in the halls during passing time.  I hope that you all had a terrific week with your family and our school family.  I look forward to being around all next week to visit your classrooms and hang out with the kids.  See you around 2:00.

Calendar
Monday, February 13
  • Shadow a Student Day  9:00-11:00 and 1:30-3:30
  • BLT meeting  4:15-5:00
  • Home game versus North Lake  5:30
Tuesday, February 14
  • Practice  7:00-8:15
  • TILT meeting  8:30-11:30
  • Homework Club  4:15-5:15
Wednesday, February 15
  • Game at Swallow  5:30
Thursday, February 16
  • Practice  7:00-8:15
  • Grade level and Specials meetings
Friday, February 17
  • Professional Development Day
Tweets, blogs, and quotes
Stuck in your Head and Heart (from George Couros)
They Are Fun (from Pernille Ripp.  I read this at our meeting Wednesday morning.)


I Worry Less (from Jon Harper)


Binge of attentiveness (from Sam Parker.  This is a "must read" and a challenge for each of us)
Developing the Innovator's Mindset (from George Couros, with an embedded video)

I've learned a lot in Green Bay over the last day and a half.  I've learned that Dan is a great interim coach.   I've learned that Heidi and Lindsay are great Homework Club supervisors.  I've learned that more of you tweet with our hashtag when I'm not around.  I've learned that I need to do a better job of providing feedback that makes you want to talk with me afterwards.  I've learned that we do great things with our students that others only wish they could do.  Most of all, I've learned that not being in school with you and the students and being able to go home to Jen and Lauren are things that I've taken for granted longer than I care to admit.

Be the one!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment