As we move forward in February, think about the two ways that you could participate in this pineapple chart- adding your activities to the chart and visiting a colleague who has added their activities to the chart. I heard a rumor that I would cover your class so that you can visit a colleague, too. On a selfish note, it will also let me see the activities that you are doing in your classes so that I can share the great things you do with our kids.
Great things I saw this week...
- Daily visits to classes where students were doing math, reading, writing, researching, working on potter's wheels, singing, playing Kahoot for review, and group work.
- Lizzie, Makiya, and Kayla sharing their health project with the school board.
- Conversations about what is best for kids.
- People stepping up to cover for and help out in classes. I notice and I appreciate it.
- 6th grade band having fun with me while I was conducting, and they sounded great!
- Students doing skits in music leading up to the auditions for the play next week. Thanks, Michael and Jackie, for taking this on.
- Painting with Spheros.
- February Coopetition and pineapple chart getting started. What's the first activity that you completed for coopetition or added to the pineapple chart?
Monday, February 6
- 5:30 home game vs. Swallow
Tuesday, February 7
- 7:00-8:15 practice
- 4:15-5:15 Homework Club
Wednesday, February 8
- 8:00-9:15 RtI Wednesday
- 1:30ish leave for AWSA conference in Green Bay
Thursday, February 9
- Out all day at AWSA conference in Green Bay
Friday, February 10
- At AWSA conference in Green Bay until about 2:00
Friday, February 11
- Staff party
Tweets, quotes, and blogs
What Makes a Master Teacher? (from George Couros) Check out this Innovator's Mindset chart (fixed, growth, and innovator mindsets comparison) taken from the blog. Where do you fit?
"The organization is, above all, social. It is people."- Peter Drucker, management consultant
Creating "Purposeful Conflict" (from George Couros, a great future discussion topic)
@mertonint on Twitter
#mertonint on Twitter
Merton Intermediate School Facebook page
Principals' Presentation from the Board meeting 1.30.17
Family smore from 2.3.17
As many of you know, I will not be at school part of next week because I'm attending a conference in Green Bay. I'm here all day Monday and Tuesday, until lunch on Wednesday, and then I'll be back Friday afternoon. While I'm out, Ron and Mike will be on call. The procedures and expectations that you all have in place have made this a smooth year so far. A reminder of these on Monday and/or Tuesday might not be a bad idea. I would also like to ask you one favor. Take pictures of the students and you in action. Post them on twitter using our #mertonint hashtag. Yes, that would count for February Coopetition. More importantly, it will keep me connected with all of you. Thanks in advance!
Be the one!
Take care of the kids. Take care of each other. Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell