Friday, October 6, 2017

A Boosterthon week thank you!

It's not always easy to change what you're doing in your classrooms.  But this week you did just that.  Please know that I recognized the adjustments you made.  Showing videos, reminding students to log on, creating pledge-o-meters, and on and on.  The benefits of this one fundraiser will definitely offset the little bit of time you will lose in your classrooms.  Thank you for your flexibility and willingness to go with the flow this week and next week.

Great things I saw this week...
Staff stepping up to help out in a variety of ways, including covering for me when I was out all day on Monday and Thursday morning.
Students including students other than their friends in group work.
Students reading and writing independently, without redirection.
Students helping one another at Homework Club.
A 6th grade student sharing his story, and a song, with his Science class, and everyone celebrating with him.

Calendar
Monday, October 9th
8:45-9:45  cover class

Tuesday, October 10th
4:15-5:15  Homework Club

Wednesday, October 11th
TILT and Math meetings
Picture retake day

Thursday, October 12th
Grade level meetings
1:30  5th/6th grade Color Run
2:45  7th/8th grade Color Run
4:15-5:15  Homework Club

Friday, October 13th
Hoping for a NO OFFICE DAY

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
Inspiration in Front of Your Eyes (from George Couros)

If you'd like a good laugh, here's one from Gerry Brooks about his homemade teacher bags.


Anyone interested in giving this a try?  Just make this sign and post it outside of your classroom!
#MertonProud on Twitter
Merton Intermediate Facebook page
Merton Intermediate Instagram page
Family smore for 10.6.17

Telling our story
I'm asking for your help.  I was out Monday all day and Thursday morning.  When I checked what was being shared about our school, there wasn't much there.  I know that we are busy but it only takes a moment or two to share something about your classroom.  If you don't have a Twitter account, you can still take pictures and send them to me and then I can post them.  I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide.  I want #mertonint and #MertonProud to be our story, not my story.  We have so many great things to share.  Thanks for your consideration.

Be the one!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment