Friday, November 10, 2017

Conferences

On Wednesday night, at the end of 5th grade conferences, I was involved in #ohedchat, a chat of educators from the state of Ohio.  The question, and my response, was one I think about often at family conference time.  Please take a moment to reflect on my response.

A6 Face to face is more powerful than a phone call is more powerful than an email or text. Make time to talk to someone face to face.




I must say, the power of a face to face conversation does something no other means of communication can do.  When I'm asked, "Are family conferences important anymore?"  My unequivocal answer is YES!  Thanks to all of you for your time with our families to set goals with our students, celebrate our students, and build relationships with our families.

Calendar
If you're on cycle, don't forget to schedule your observation!
Monday, November 13
Strategic planning 6PM

Tuesday, November 14
Power Day
Homework Club 4:15

Wednesday, November 15
Culver's Night 4-8PM

Thursday, November 16
Grade level/Specials meetings
Homework Club 4:15
6th, 7th, and 8th grade conferences 4:30

Friday, November 17
No Office Day!

Great things I saw this week...
Staff being patient with students struggling both academically and behaviorally
Staff stepping up to help out
Students and Michael preparing for Veterans' Day
Your efforts at family conferences
Staff supporting one another
Keeping the kids first

Quotes, tweets, and blogs
(from Pinterest)



You build on failure. You use it as a steppingstone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
Johnny Cash,
singer and songwriter


I look forward to our Veterans' Day celebration this morning.  I look forward to making phone calls home today so please give me the name of one student from each grade level.  I'd love a staff member's name, too.  Keep the kids front and center with all that we do today.  Find that one student or staff member that needs you to Be The One and then Be. The. One.
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment