Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving reflections

Thanksgiving- a time to think about what you are thankful for and to thank those who have helped to make your life better.  I am thankful for...
  • Jen- She is my rock and my navigator and my everything.
  • Lauren- She makes me want to be a better dad and educator every day.
  • My parents, Liz and Joe- They were, are, and will always be my favorite teachers.
  • My brother, Brian, and my sister, Priscilla- Their success as parents and in their occupations makes me want to be better every day.
  • Each of you- I am fired up to come to school every day to see you work the magic you work every day in your classrooms and in all the extra things you do to connect with our kids.
Thank you for all that you do for our kids, and each other, every day!

Calendar
Monday, November 27th
3:30  Eye doctor appointment
7:00  Board meeting
Tuesday, November 28th
4:15  Homework Club
Wednesday, November 29th
8:30  TILT meeting
12:30  Math meeting
4:15  BLT meeting
Thursday, November 30th
8:00  Coaches' meeting
Grade level and Specials meetings
2:30  Google hangout
4:15  Homework Club
Friday, December 1st
Half day
Wonder movie!

Quotes, tweets, and blogs
Are you more focused on the "new", or the "better"? (from George Couros)

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Nelson Mandela,
activist and political leader

WONDERful Ways to Promote Kindness in the Classroom (from Scholastic)



Nobody Wants to Be "Fixed" (from George Couros)

So Much More Than Letters and Numbers (from George Couros)

As I Plan My Lesson (from Pernille Ripp)

I hope that you enjoyed your time out of school these last 5 days.  I know that I did.  I spent time with family and friends and was unplugged more than normal.  I need to do that a little more often.  Anyway, this week is going to be a great one, I can just tell.  I need to ask you two favors for Monday morning.

  1. Get out of your classrooms and into the hallways.  Our kids have been away from us for 5 days.  Some of them had a great time.  Others might not and are looking forward to seeing us.  Like my #prinicpalsinaction t-shirt says, "Smiles, high fives, and changing lives."  Let's make that our motto for Monday and the week to come.
  2. Please show this video of the picture book "We're All Wonders".  It's a nice way, I hope, of prepping our kids for the movie "Wonder" on Friday, especially those who haven't read the book.
See you all tomorrow!
Be the one!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment