Friday, December 22, 2017

Are you able to unplug?

Adam Welcome, one of my friends from the Twitters, Voxer, and Google hangouts, as well as one of the co-authors of "Kids Deserve It", mentions in the book that he went on a family vacation for 5 days and left his phone at home.  I think I get hives just thinking about doing that, but I'm going to give it a try from Sunday through Tuesday.  If I need to take a picture, I'll use my old iPod instead of my phone.  I can post things later.  My challenge to you is to try to do the same thing- stay unplugged for two days during Winter Break.  I've chosen Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but you can choose any days you'd like.  I will promise you this- you will definitely not receive any emails from me on those two days nor will you see any tweets or Facebook posts.  That can wait until December 26th, and I'll be back to connecting and learning with you and the rest of my PLN.

Calendar
Nothing until Tuesday, January 2nd!  I'll email a blog post New Year's Day in the afternoon with a calendar for the week.  No emails from me until then unless there is some sort of emergency!

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
(from MindShift)


(from George Couros)

Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation, and never shrinks back to its former dimensions.
Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.,
physician and writer

(Do all of our students and colleagues know this?-from @sylviaduckworth)

When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you till it seems as if you couldn't hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that's just the place and time that the tide'll turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe,
abolitionist and writer


Sticky teaching (from Ben Gilpin- There are a few other great links, too!)
7 Questions on Relationships and Lifelong Learning in Education (from George Couros)
Family smore for 12.22.17

I hope that you have enjoyed the 12 days before Winter Break and the fun we've had with our dress up days.  It sure was fun for me!  Now please make sure to relax, refresh, and reflect the next week or so.  I'll see you all later today.  Safe travels and enjoy your family and friends.
Be the one!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment