Friday, February 8, 2019

Always getting better

I subscribe to George Couros' blog and he sent out this gem on Friday.  Please take a moment to read it.
If made me think of all of you, the work you do every day, the learning you do every day, the effort you put forth to make great learning opportunities for our kids.  I honestly believe that you are all like Tammy, and sometimes it brings a tear to my eye, just like it does for George.

Calendar
Intermediate School Special Events

*Don't forget to schedule your mid-year SLO/PPG with me as soon as you have your mid-year results (MAP tests completed or other in class assessment that was used)

Wednesday, February 13th
WIN Wednesday

Friday, February 15th
PD day

Thursday, February 21st
Invitation conferences

Friday, February 22nd
NJHS induction ceremony

Great things I saw this week...
When you are with kids, you are so focused on the kids.  I notice and so do they!
Spikeball in PE class.
Vex construction and design in Science.
A pair of students doing independent Lego robotics.  Very impressive!
Your flexibility with our group yearbook pictures on Wednesday was impressive.
Teachers involved with a discussion about student behavior with the kids.
The kids.
The laughter during our BLT and grade level meetings.  I hope that you found the time to laugh while I was gone, and maybe even at me.
All of you willing to help cover lunch/recess and Homework Club while I was gone.

Tweets, quotes, and blogs


You don't appreciate home until you leave it and, let me tell you, you can't appreciate life till you've almost left it! Some people hope and die with their song still in them.
Patsy Cline,
singer


Driving a Stick Shift Car video (Comparison of manual and automatic transmission to explain dyslexia. It's well worth your time!)



What is your why? (Robert Blessington shared this at a session at the state principals conference.)


Conflicts may be the sources of defeat, lost life and a limitation of our potentiality but they may also lead to greater depth of living and the birth of more far-reaching unities, which flourish in the tensions that engender them.
Karl Jaspers,
psychiatrist and philosopher

(Jen shared this with me.)

I appreciate you all taking the time to read through this blog every week.  I hope that you find something that resonates with you or at least makes you reflect a bit.
See you this afternoon!
Be the spark!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment