Friday, November 1, 2019

Quarter 1

The first quarter is officially over.  As a basketball coach, this was a time to reflect and make any changes that might make the second quarter better.  Sometimes the changes are small and sometimes they're pretty big.  I'm reflecting on student interactions, family interactions, and staff interactions and realize that I need to be better.  I need to be more "there" in all of these interactions.  I think I'm doing better with my use of technology, but I still have more work to do there.  I need to be more proactive than reactive when interacting with families.  Although I consider the phrase "no news is good news", I know that's not always the case.  I need to make more time for our interactions at any time of our school day.  Before and after school times are always best for me but that's not necessarily the same for you.  Please let me know how I can be better at our interactions so that we can both be better for our kids, each other, and ourselves.

Great things I saw this week...
Completed pallet to project projects
Mock trial in Social Studies
Snow on the playground on Tuesday
NJHS meeting on Wednesday
PTO breakfast
Watching kids learning and watching you all facilitating the learning
MAP Math data meeting with 5th grade
Your concern for all of our kids and putting plans in place for them with anticipated follow through
Snow on the playground on Thursday
Halloween Hideout games in PE
Kids dressed up for Biztown

Claim it.  Name it.  Explain it.
Thanks to Michael for playing along last week.


Calendar
Please continue to review the Intermediate Special Events Calendar at our weekly grade level and specials meetings, too.

Monday, November 4th
Food drive begins
7/8 Science Aspire testing

Tuesday, November 5th
Jay at CPI training all day
Grades due at 8AM
9AM-1PM  Free 10 minute massages, stress tips, and wellness screenings
8th grade Manufacturing field trip

Wednesday, November 6th
Jeans for Troops ($5 to wear jeans. Funds go to GIGo Fund.)
Jay at CPI training
7/8 Math Aspire testing

Thursday, November 7th
Jay at CPI training
Arena style conferences

Friday, November 8th
Jay at CPI training
Veterans Day ceremony

Monday, November 11th
7/8 Reading ACT/Aspire

Tuesday, November12th
7/8 Writing ACT/Aspire

Wednesday, November 13th
WIN Wednesday
8th grade Health field trip

Thursday, November 14th
7/8 English ACT/Aspire

Friday, November 15th
Food drive ends

Tweets, quotes, and blogs

The gain to the winner is always less than the loss to the loser.
Ian Fleming,
writer, journalist, British naval intelligence officer
Is it Transformative to the Learner (from George Couros)


I am only a sparrow amongst a great flock of sparrows.
Eva Peron,
former first lady of Argentina
How Was Your Day (Better than I first thought) (from Jon Harper)


Connection (from Hans Appel- I see so much of all of you in this post)

You shouldn't change what you are in the search for success.
Sissy Spacek,
actress


Thanks for a great week and I look forward to see how our 2nd quarter gets started on Monday.  Please tweet out or send me pictures from your classes as I'll be at CPI training for 4 straight days and won't be able to visit with the kids or you.
#JustInspire
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment