Sunday, March 22, 2020

A shoutout from a student to our teachers

On Friday, March 20, 2020, Makayla, one of our 8th grade students asked to have this email shared with the staff at Merton Intermediate School.  Our kids appreciate their teachers whether they tell us or not.  Here is her email.

HELLO MERTON STAFF!!!!! 

I don't have all of you as my teachers but I truly TRULY believe you guys need a huge appreciation for the work you guys have been doing in order to keep up our education. You guys are breaking your backs and getting headaches to teach a bunch of kids, and to me that takes courage, love,strength,passion, and perseverance. I don't know if anyone else has acknowledged you guys, but I just have to say you guys are doing a really really amazing job! I can't even try to relate to the pressure and obstacles you all must go through, but let me say one thing, you guys are truly HEROES!!! you guys set the foundation of our future and teach us things that we need to know in order to be successful in life, you are the leaders that move each generation to become leaders for the next, and although some may take your lessons differently than others, your guys work is not going for granted. I have been at merton ever since I learned how to tie my shoes and every teacher i have had has taught me something that made me the person I am today, and no I am no straight A student, but school to me isn't just about your GPA its about the people you get to meet and the stories you are told. And wow, let me just say merton staff you are all amazing people. I look at children around the world who don't have an education and wish i could just CLONE ALL OF YOU!! because I believe every child would be absolutely blessed if they had teachers like you all in their lives. Lots of kids hate school but that's because they just look at it as work,paper,pencil,and numbers, but lord is it so much more than that. Ive recently watched a movie on netflix called the "Freedom Writers" and its about one teacher who influenced and changed an entire classroom of stubborn kids. And the power and passion that teacher had in that movie, reminds me of all of you, because you guys don't just care about getting your students homework, no, you love us. Doesn't matter race or intelligence, you all care about us, even the ones that are a bit harder to work with ðŸ˜‚. I Appreciate you guys, and I am extremely grateful for every single one of you, I hope this puts a smile on your face, because I wish you all happiness.

Anyways, Thank you for taking your time to read this, you are all an inspiration to me. Thank you for working so hard. I miss you all, and have a good day

-Makayla

P.S 
AIR HIGH FIVE TO YOU JANITORS FOR KEEPING MERTON SQUEAKY CLEAN, sorry you have to deal with us stinky kids.

Thank you, Makayla, and we hope to see you in person again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment