Friday, November 13, 2020

I miss being in your classrooms

The last two weeks have been pretty awesome.  Aspire testing and family conferences have come and gone, although there will be some Aspire testing makeups next week at some point.  I'll work on that with all of you.  But with the craziness of testing and conferences, as well as the need for me to cover a class or two a day, I haven't been able to be in your classrooms as much as I would like.  My hope is that changes in the very near future.  I do still work here as the principal and being in classrooms to see you facilitate learning with our kids is what makes me go and keeps me going.  Juggling testing and classroom coverage has been fun.  This is how I think my juggling went for the last two weeks.



I'll keep practicing my juggling and maybe I'll get better.  In the meantime, if I can, you know I'll be getting into your classrooms more next week!

Calendar
Friday, November 13th    Material pickup/ Food drive ends/ Jeans for Troops/ World Kindness Day (Do you know your color?)
Sunday, November 15th    Online Book Fair ends
Monday, November 16th-Sunday, November 22nd    Culver's Week
Monday, November 16th    BLT meeting 4:15PM
Wednesday, November 18th    Team or individual planning 7:45AM
Thursday, November 19th    Virtual materials to include up to December 4th to office by 4PM
Friday, November 20th    Material pickup
Tuesday, November 24th    Half day- noon dismissal
Wednesday, November 25th-Sunday, November 29th    Thanksgiving Break
Monday, November 30th    School board meeting 7PM

Quotes, tweets, and blogs

American industrialist Henry J. Kaiser once said, “Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.” 

"The bottom line in all of it is that, in life, it's all about people ... the people who pass through your life, the people who have been kind and good to you, the people who have been inspirations to you, and the people who perhaps you didn't get along with. They all come together and make you who you are and what you are.”

Colin Powell | 1937 - | American statesman, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Don't judge me by my past. I don't live there anymore. - Petteri Tarkkonen

If you are, or would like to be, an AT&T customer, I wanted to make you aware of this offer.
P.S.- I get nothing for passing this on to you!

Thank you for the last two weeks.  I'm writing this as conferences are winding down.  I know this.  Our families are incredibly thankful for each of you.  You might not get an email from them.  They might not leave you a voicemail.  They might not send you a handwritten note.  But I had amazing conversations with many families about the great work you are doing with their children.  Your communication with our families in Skyward, in emails, on the phone, and in Google Meets is beyond compare.  Thank you for doing such great work on the front end that your work at conferences was a chance to share the joys of the students with their families.  It means the world to them, and it means the world to me.
Have a great weekend!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment