Friday, January 14, 2022

Better

As you can see, there are no real fancy pictures or blogs this week.  It's been a busy week with lots going on for all of us.  I've noticed the effort that you put in this week, and it's the same kind of effort I've been seeing all year long.  All that I can ask of you, and more importantly all that you can ask of yourself, is to give your best every day.  That's what we ask of our kids.  That's what we ask of our colleagues.  That's what we ask of ourselves.  I'm certain that you can find a part of your day that you can look back on and say, "Hey, that was pretty darn good."  Remember those times because those are the times that bring me back tomorrow.  And like I've said before, be just a little bit better tomorrow than you were today.


Calendar
Friday, January 14th    PTO meeting 9:45AM
Monday, January 17th    BLT meeting 4:15PM
Wednesday, January 19th    Content meetings 7:45AM/ PTO Culver's Night
Friday, January 21st    Half day (AM classes)/ MLSS meeting 12:15-3:15
Monday, January 24th    Professional Learning Day
Tuesday, January 25th-Friday, January 28th    Mid-year Educator Effectiveness meetings
Wednesday, January 26th    Grade level meetings 7:45AM
Monday, January 31st    School board meeting  6PM

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
 "You don't have to become something you're not to be better than you were."
Sidney Poitier, actor, film director

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life.  And if that doesn't work out for you, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life."
Bob Saget, comedian, actor, television host

"The goal of living a full life is so, at its end, you'll have learned some things along the journey."
Bob Saget, comedian, actor, television host

As we come to the end of the first semester next week, I hope that you can look back and remember some of the amazing things you've done with and for our kids.  Please know that it doesn't go unnoticed.  During the weekends, I trust that you are taking time away from school to recharge, relax, and reconnect with your family and friends.  Last Saturday I didn't look at my school or personal email.  It meant that I needed to spend some time on my Chromebook on Saturday morning but the trade off was worth it.  I will be away from school next Thursday afternoon and all day Friday to spend time with Jen and Lauren.  I'll be back on Monday to join in our professional learning.

I'll see you in just a couple of hours.  Let's make it the best Friday of the week!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment