Monday, June 13, 2022

Some final thoughts...

Well, I guess I lied about my last nuts and bolts last week.  I had no idea what you and the kids had planned for me.  I kind of knew about the breakfast but the assembly was a full out surprise!  It was amazing running through the kids and then to cross the finish line with my family there, WOW!  After Wednesday, I had to share my thoughts.
  • You are an amazing staff to go to school with every day.  You support one another, you support me, and you support our kids.
  • You can be sneaky when you need to be.
  • We have amazing kids, and your efforts with them don't go unnoticed.  Merton is in great hands, and our kids will become even more incredible leaders in the years to come.
  • The videos made me cry happy tears.  I bet that doesn't surprise you.
  • The assembly was amazing, and I'm glad I got to play my trumpet one more time.
  • I was showered with gifts and kind words from so many people.  I am truly blessed.
I have two quotes to share with you, both from Inspiring Quotes.  The first is from Joan Rivers, and it couldn't be more true.

The second is from Judy Garland.  I sure hope that you take your advice to heart because you really shouldn't try to be someone else.  Just be yourself, and don't apologize for that.
 

Make sure that you unplug!
(from Inspiriting Quotes)
Enough said.

My final thoughts
As I sat in my house on Thursday night watching the videos from family, friends, Tweeps, and you, the tears just streamed down my face.  It was a surreal time as I heard about the impact I have had on our kids and on you.  I still can't believe that this chapter in my educational journey is over, but I guess it really is.  I request two things from you.  The first is to complete as much of this form as you'd like.  The second is that Jen and I would like to invite you over to our patio, but not until July.  If you fill out the form then I'll be able to send you an invite.
I love you all, my Merton family.
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment