Friday, August 26, 2016

It's almost time

It's Friday afternoon, the week before school, and I'm so excited and barely stand it.  I'm at the stage of little sleep and when I do sleep it isn't deep sleep.  I try to turn my mind off, but it just keeps right on going.  I eat but I'm not hungry.  It's seriously like the week leading up to a marathon.  We've done all that we can do to prepare to start off on the right foot.  Now let's get the kids here and show them how excited we are for them to be here and to learn with them.

The paragraph above was inspired by Pernille Ripp's latest blog- No Matter.  Maybe it will inspire you, too.  This picture from my good friend Tom Whitford also caught my attention.
Some of you have already started building relationships at Open House, as the kids walked the building this week, and during F&P testing.  Let's start out right away on Thursday with all of the kids, make them feel special, and maybe you'll be their "one".
(By the way, if I forgot to send out the presentation from our staff meeting on Tuesday, here it is.  If you need any more blue #1 fingers, they're in my office.)

Calendar
Monday, August 29, 2016

  • IA interviews 8:00-10:30
  • A-team meeting  10:30-12:30
  • Brittany (new Algebra teacher) joins Merton  1:30
  • School board meeting  7:30
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
  • F&P testing all day
Thursday, September 1, 2016
  • The students return!  Everyone should be outside greeting them with a smile and a fist bump/ hug/ high five/ hand shake!
Monday, September 5, 2016
  • No School- Labor Day
No more reading.  Just thoughts to share with our kids when you see them next week.




Have a great weekend.  If you'd like a brat for lunch on Saturday, I'll be at Piggly Wiggly for the Arrowhead Hawkettes Dance Team fundraiser.  I'd love to see you there.
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment