Friday, September 23, 2016

Feedback

This week I began visiting classes to provide feedback through the mini-observation platform.  My goal is to provide constructive feedback to three of you a day.  If I stay for a while and I'm taking notes on my Chromebook, there's a good chance you will receive an email from me before the end of the day, and by that I don't mean the end of the school day.  After taking notes and making sure to "tag the evidence", I'll be making two statements- "I noticed..." and "I wonder..."  These are reflective questions that you can do one of three things with- ponder, blog, or have a discussion with me.  I look forward to reaching my goal every day and helping both you and I become more reflective learners.  On a related note, please provide me with feedback about my feedback.  If you need more or different feedback, don't hesitate to let me know.  I love coming in to watch you try new things with our students.

Celebrations!

  • I was asked to read a story one of our 7th graders wrote, and it inspired a blogpost. (See below- Just say yes...)
  • Although I don't really care for indoor recess, the kids were really good this week when we needed to be inside for recess. (Thanks for the use of your classroom, Matt!)
  • You are all doing a fantastic job of keeping the kids engaged in their learning.
  • I'm noticing the connections you are making with our kids, and I like it!
  • Your classroom procedures are having a positive impact on classroom environments.  Keep it up!
  • I'm looking forward to getting started with our SIP team.  I'm still accepting volunteers!
  • The NJHS tutors are doing a fantastic job during Homework Club.
  • John Nettesheim helped me out with a bike repair after a Primary School girl got her dress caught around the wheel.
  • Staff stepping up to help out whenever needed.
Calendar
Monday, September 26
  • Innovator's Mindset book discussion  4:15PM
  • School board meeting  7:30PM
Tuesday, September 27
  • Homework Club  4:15PM
Wednesday, September 28
  • CPI training  7:30AM/4:15PM
  • 5th grade data day
Thursday, September 29
  • Homework Club  4:15PM
Friday, September 30
  • Staff recognition  8:15AM
  • 7th/8th grade data day

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
Relationships>Everything Else in Education (from @ajjuliani)
Food for Thought: Four Essential Attributes (from AMLE)
Just say yes,,,(I wrote this because of an interaction I had with a student on Wednesday morning)
@mertonint on Twitter
#mertonint on Twitter
Merton Intermediate School Facebook page
Family smore for 9.23.16

(I made using Google drawings)

(from Pinterest)

:
(from Pinterest)

(from Pinterest)


(I made using Google drawings)

(Jen sent me this)

So, at this time tomorrow I'll be on the Honor Flight with my dad.  Remember the colors activity we did years ago as a staff.  Tomorrow is going to be one of those all around "blue" days.  Thursday morning I happened to be checking Facebook when this link came up.  
I'm sure that I'll have stories to tell and pictures to share on Monday.  If you'd like to invite me in to speak with your classes, just let me know.

Have a great weekend!
Check your mailbox as a reminder to "Take 5" for yourself this weekend.
Be the one!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment