Why am I telling you this story? Because sometimes I think we say no when we should just say yes. As a principal, there are times when I have to say no but most often it's a choice I get to make. Although I have a daily calendar and a schedule of meetings and responsibilities I cannot ignore, I also have the ability to visit any classroom I want during those times in my day that aren't scheduled. I urge all of you who are school level or district level administrators to just say yes.
Say yes to-
- a high five.
- an invitation to read with or to a student.
- a fist bump.
- solving a math problem together.
- kickball at recess.
- joining a Science experiment.
- riding a bus home with the kids.
- playing a vocabulary game.
- a positive phone call home.
- a conversation with a staff member.
- a celebration of a job well done.
- a birthday treat.
- a hug.
- a run with the cross country team.
- playing music at recess.
What are some things you'll say yes to tomorrow?