Friday, March 3, 2017

Choice or chance

As I get older, every day, I think about things a little differently.  A friend of mine recently found out that her job will be changing, and it caught her a bit off guard.  We have spoken a few times on Voxer and our focus has been on what to do next.  The quote below struck me as I thought about her.  I know her, but I don't know her near as well as I know each of you.  Think about those things that you are faced with every day and the choices you make regarding these things.  Do you blame others or focus on what you can do?  Do you celebrate others' successes as much as you celebrate your own?  Think about all that you come across every day and ask yourself this...Do I decide to live by choice or by chance?  If you're like me, I bet you'd rather live by choice.
(from Pinterest)

Calendar
Friday, March 3rd
  • 5:00  Student Senate Carnival
Saturday, March 4th
  • 5:30  PTO Trivia Night
Monday, March 6th
  • 7:30-8:15  coaching
  • 1:30-2:30  facilities
  • 4:30-8:30  8th grade basketball tournament
Tuesday, March 7th
  • 8:00-8:30  SST
  • 3:00-3:30  Heather
  • 4:15-5:15  Homework Club
  • 4:30-8:30  8th grade basketball tournament
Wednesday, March 8th
  • No RtI Wednesday assembly due to Triinity Irish dancers on Friday, March 17th at 8:50
  • 7:00-8:00  practice
  • 8:00-8:30  SIP team (All are welcome, but SIP team members should attend)
  • 8:55-9:40  6th grade meeting
  • 9:45-10:30  5th grade meeting
  • 12:22-1:03  7th/8th grade meeting
  • 1:30-3:00  A-team meeting
  • 4:15-4:45  Dave
Thursday, March 9th
  • 7:30-9:30  Principal Center (Discussing personalized PD)
  • Data Conference in Green Bay the rest of the day
Friday, March 10th
  • Data Conference in Green Bay all day
  • 4:30-8:30  8th grade basketball tournament
Tweets, quotes, and blogs
"The more innovative I have become, the less classroom management I have to deal with." (from George Couros)
(from Pinterest)

The Fear of Sharing (from George Couros)

(from Pinterest)

(from Pinterest)


(from Pinterest)


(from Pinterest)
Family smore for 3.3.17

Do you know we can learn anywhere?  So can our kids!
Wednesday night, I was supposed to co-moderate a chat with Ted Huff, principal at Francis Howell Middle School in Missouri.  That was the chat I invited you all to participate in.  No one from Merton joined us, but the chat went on anyway.  Hopefully you can join us next time.  Any way, I wasn't at home on Wednesday night.  Jen and I were at a car dealership looking at a new vehicle and while we were waiting, I grabbed my Chromebook, connected to their wifi, and went to participating in the chat.  Why do I mention this?  We live in a world now where you can learn anywhere, anytime, and with anyone.  We shouldn't make excuses.  We should make the time.  This doesn't go just for us.  It goes for our students, too.  Let's remind one another, and our students, of the awesome opportunities we have to learn every day.
Be the one!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment