Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Thank you!

Thursday is Thanksgiving.  It provides a day of focus for all of the things for which I am thankful- my family, my health, my friends, and the opportunity to serve all of you and the kids every day.  As I reflect on the past couple of weeks, I've seen the staff come together for celebrations and condolences, for laughter and for tears, and for successes and challenges.  Until you have an opportunity to really reflect on your day to day life, you don't really realize how good you have it.  Take a moment, or an hour, or a day this Thanksgiving break and reflect on your life.  I encourage you to put together a column of successes and struggles from this year.  Fold it in half and then put it away until Sunday afternoon.  Then look only at the successes side.  Focus on those great things from your life both in and out of school and let that be your guiding force for the next four weeks.  I promise that it will bring more great things for you.

Great things I saw this week...
The care you have for our kids.
The care you have for each other.
Mindfulness activities in LA.
Human growth and development in 5th and 6th grade.
Smiles, even in trying times.
Jackie's shower this morning.
PTO pies!

Calendar
Intermediate School Special Events

Wednesday, November 21st- Sunday, November 25th
Thanksgiving Break

Monday, November 26th
BLT meeting  4:15PM
School Board meeting

Friday, November 30th
Half day- AM schedule

Tuesday, December 4th
Merton Tree lighting- 7PM

Thursday, December 6th
7th grade attends A Christmas Carol (all day)

Tuesday, December 11th
Holiday Concerts (Band-5:30, Choir-7:00)

Monday, December 17th- Thursday, December 20th
Holiday Spirit Week

Tuesday, December 18th
Encore Choir and Jazz Band caroling (all day)

Wednesday, December 19th
Holiday brunch

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
A powerful letter to a family (I found this on Facebook and just had to share it.)


The Great Teacher Myth (from Pernille Ripp)


Maybe who we are isn't so much about what we do, but rather what we're capable of when we least expect it.
Jodi Picoult,
writer

Exhausted Educator, I See You (from Beth Houf)


Camp Fire All Kids Are Our Kids
Through my social media connections, I have come to know many principals from all over the country.  In an effort to help support the Butte County Schools in their efforts to help out fire victims, please consider purchasing one of these shirts or sweatshirts.
Here is a link if you are interested, and I appreciate your consideration.

Happy Thanksgiving.  Travel safely.  Unplug.  Reconnect with family and friends.  Take at least one day off from school work.
Be the spark!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment