Friday, September 11, 2020

What are you most proud of this week?

We're two weeks in and I'm proud of you all.  But what's more important is this question- Of what are you most proud?  Consider all that you have done in the last two weeks.  Take time to reflect on the first two weeks, and work hard to keep all of the not so good things out of your thoughts.  I know you can find at least one thing of which to be proud.  I challenge you to write it down in fancy font to remember it.  And I challenge you to add to this every week.  On Friday, or any day of your choosing, write down one thing of which you are proud.  The list is personal and I promise not to ask you to share it with anyone.  I will ask you to read over your "proud list" from time to time.  We ask our kids to set goals and share what they are proud of and there's no reason we shouldn't do the same.  Two weeks in is a great time to reflect on the great things you have done.

(Jen shared this with me.)

Calendar
Tuesday, September 15th    Mentor/Mentee meeting at 8AM (Katie's room)
Thursday, September 17th    A-team meeting at 1:30PM
Monday, September 21st    BLT meeting at 4:15PM (Becky O.'s room)
Wednesday, September 23rd    Intermediate Staff Meeting 7:45AM (Let's meet in the gym)

Check out the Chromebook hack below to split your screen.  I think it would be a great idea to share with our virtual kids, too!


Reminders

Please make sure that you are starting your Google Meets on time.  Some of our kids are waiting and aren't really sure if they missed something or not.  I know that soon it will become more a part of your daily routine.  Thanks!

Earlier this year we spoke about 504 plans in each grade level.  Please look these over again and take some notes about things that you should keep in mind when creating seating charts, providing steps or checklists for projects, and assessments as well as any dietary or health concerns.  Any questions after you look these over, please let me know.

I've never been much of a fan of indoor recess, but I'm even less of a fan this year.  I appreciate your help with indoor recess.  If on indoor recess days you need a break, please let me know.  I'll help out if I am able.  If you can find a time to take the kids out for a walk on those days, that's a great idea, too.

Please make sure to email the adjusted Wednesday schedule (This is the one with all grade levels so if you have your own grade level copy, just send that one.) to your homeroom students and families.  Thanks to Becky O. for the suggestion.  Don't just email it to our virtual families.  Please email it to all of our families.

Last call for Merton spiritwear is today.  The turnaround time should be right around two weeks.

Shoutout!
First of all, thanks for all of your efforts preparing materials for our virtual students.  Material pick ups will occur every other Friday at 8AM.  You had all of your materials to Barb by the end of the day yesterday, and here's where the real shoutout goes.  Barb organized all of these materials and had put them out in the lobby by 4:30.  Barb, thanks for always being the organizer and reminder that we all need.

Next week is actually a week!
After two four day weeks, next week is a five day week.  In order to be ready, I sure hope that you take time away from school, at least for one day, this weekend.  Despite the weather forecast, I'm going to be golfing with my dad and brother on Saturday.  Even though the Packers play on Sunday, I know that I'll be doing some school work before the game, for sure, and probably a little after, too.  But in order for us to be ready for a full week, taking care of ourselves is vital.  Put your feet up, read a book, take a nap, go for a walk, and spend some time with your family.  Monday will come soon enough.
Thanks for a great week!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment