Friday, May 14, 2021

It's the middle of May...

It's the middle of May and what I know about the middle of May is that you never really know what's going to happen.  I saw this on Tuesday and just had to share.
(from skreened.com)

It made me giggle because it's how I feel sometimes in May.  What am I supposed to be doing?  What is most important?  How can I make sure that all of our classes are covered?  Who has crossing guard duties?  Have I visited everyone's class this week?  Did I remember to charge my jammypack?  I put "parent meeting" in my calendar, but who is the parent I'm meeting with?  Did I remember to record the announcements and send them out?  Do I have enough pictures for the smore?  And all of this just happened on Thursday.  I know you know what I mean.  It's the middle of May, and it's my favorite time of the year!  Let's enjoy May while it's here!

Calendar
Friday, May 14th  All budget orders are due!/ Full allotment of personal days has been allocated
Tuesday, May 18th    Band concerts  5:30PM and 7PM
Wednesday, May 19th    7:45 meeting in the Little Theater of gym
Monday, May 24th    School board meeting
Tuesday, May 25th    Choir concerts 5:30PM and 7PM
Wednesday, May 26th    7:45 meeting in the Little Theater of gym
Thursday, May 27th    NJHS induction  6PM
Friday, May 28th    No School
Monday, May 31st    No School
Tuesday, June 8th    8th grade graduation
Wednesday, June 9th    Half day/ Last day of school

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
"Change your perspective.  Shift your focus from missed opportunities to exploring new opportunities!"-
XiXi Yang, journalist, media personality, entrepreneur


"The biggest challenge I've had to overcome is not just finding success, but rather finding success without compromising who I am."-
XiXi Yang, journalist, media personality, entrepreneur

End of year procedures
Here is a document for end of the year procedures.  Included in this document are items from the Jim regarding technology and Ron regarding building and grounds.  I'm happy to discuss these with you if you have any questions.

Next week is our last full 5 day week of the 2020-2021 school year.  Can you believe it?  You probably noticed in the calendar above that we're meeting as a staff next Wednesday.  I have some homework for you to do for that day.  You need to come to the meeting with 5 positive things/thoughts/memories from the school year, either about school or not.  They must be written down in some way.  I will remind you next Tuesday so that everyone comes prepared.  Thanks in advance for playing along, and if you have more than 5 positive things, that would be awesome!

I sure hope that you can enjoy your weekend.  Get outside.  Work in the yard.  Go for a walk.  Ride your bike.  Visit family and/or friends.  Leave your school work at school.  Plant some flowers.  Clean your garage.  Check out a state park (You do have a state park sticker.).  Go for a bike ride.  Whatever it is, find something to do that takes you away from school stuff, even if for just a little bit.
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment