Friday, September 24, 2021

Best day

If you have listened to even one of our morning announcement videos, you know that I end every one with this line...Make it the best Friday of the week (at least that's what I'll say today).  Sometimes it may seem difficult to make it the best day because you are stressed about school, about your family, about something no one knows about, or about yourself.  Somewhere during each day, however, I'm certain that you can find a highlight.  I get an email daily from Sam Parker, the creator of Inspire Your People.  I get a daily pick me up from what he sends and will occasionally reach out to him to thank him for his words, and for giving me a better perspective on the day.  Below is a quote that Sam shared this week so I thought I would share it with you.  Make it the best Friday of the week!


Calendar
Friday, September 24th    Self-reviews completed and meeting with Jay scheduled
Monday, September 27th    Board meeting
Wednesday, September 29th    Building meeting 7:45AM (District Improvement Plan)
Wednesday, October 6th    Building meeting 7:45AM (Housekeeping)
Thursday, October 7th    Picture retake day
Friday, October 8th    PTO meeting 9:45AM

Tweets, blogs, and quotes
Plant Your Roots (from Andrew Marotta)

"If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week."
Charles Darwin, naturalist, geologist, biologist


"We all have an unsuspected reserve of strength inside that emerges when life puts us to the test."
Isabel Allende, writer


"You are never strong enough that you don't need help."
Cesar Chavez, labor leader, civil righs activist

Ted Lasso
I'm not one for binge watching, but I read a blog post recently that had a clip from the television show Ted Lasso, a show about a football coach turned soccer coach in the English Premier League, the top league in soccer.  I mentioned the blog post and show to Jen and she has encouraged me to watch it with her the last couple of nights.  I won't spoil it for you with specific details, but the premise of the show to me is how Ted can find the best, and encourage the best, in everyone that he comes in contact with, whether it's a player, the equipment manager, or the cab driver.  My hope is that I can find the best and encourage the best and notice the best in each of you as the school year progresses.  A little encouragement can go a long way.

Thanks to all of you who stepped up this week to help cover a class or two.  It's greatly appreciated and doesn't go unnoticed.  I had the chance to step in yesterday and my time with the kids was awesome.  They were so polite, respectful, and thanked me for handing out their work.  I've heard them say thank you to you as well, even when you hand out tests and quizzes.  For every thank you, I should have said you're welcome, but I didn't.  We are lucky to go to school every day with kids who are so respectful.

Educator Effectiveness
Today's the final day to schedule your self-review meeting with me.  It's not the last day for the meeting, just the last day to schedule the meeting.  I'll be adding the preobservation questions over the weekend.  Please realized this only applies to those of you on cycle.  The SLO/PPG form, which is for everyone, will be added by the end of the day on Monday.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

#GoodNewsCallOfTheDay
We're three weeks in, and I haven't made a #GoodNewsCallOfTheDay yet.  Do you have a student or staff member you'd like to nominate?  Just let me who they are and why they should be recognized and I'll do the rest.

Thanks for another wonderful week.  The weekend looks pretty nice, but fall is in the air.  Get outside when you can. Go for a walk. Sit by a campfire,  Watch a little football or the Ryder Cup on television.  Just do something to relax and refresh so that you're ready for next week.
Have a great weekend!
Jay
Take care of the keys.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourselves.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment