Friday, May 20, 2022

How was your week? (new blog/same title)

Today ends our second to last 5 day week of the year.  Kind of hard to believe, isn't it?  So how did your week go?  Did you zoom out to see the highs and the lows?  I encourage you to do that.  Some days this week I had to zoom out to find the highs because there were a couple of lows that kept coming into my thoughts.  Other days I was able to reflect and the highs were easy to see, and to celebrate.  This week had two "lasts" for me- our last BLT meeting and our last Culver's Night.  The coming weeks will have more of these "lasts".  My good friend Joy, a principal from Connecticut (that's where I was born, by the way), told me not to think of it as retirement.  She said it's "refirement".  I am fired up to support my parents on their life journey.  I'm also fired up to support Lauren as she continues her education journey.  She has a big "last" today- the FORT exam this morning.  I know that she'll do well and I know she'll be happy when she's finished with that test.  And tonight she and I will celebrate with dinner, just the two of us.  Now that's a great way to end a week!

Calendar
Monday, May 23rd    Jay will be out in the morning attending a doctor appointment/ Student Achievement Committee 4:30PM/ School Board meeting 6PM
Tuesday, May 24th    Final Band Concert 6:30PM
Wednesday, May 25th    NJHS induction ceremony 5:30PM
Friday, May 26th    Jeans for Troops Day ($5 to GIGo Fund for Veterans for wearing jeans)
Monday, May 30th    Memorial Day (No School)
Wednesday, June 1st    PTO meeting 8:45AM
Thursday, June 2nd    Celebration Day (This is a "no letter" day!)
Friday, June 3rd    Celebration Day rain date/ 4th to 5th grade transition afternoon
Monday, June 6th    8th grade Day Away/ 5th, 6th, and 7th grade Day Away from 9AM-2PM
Tuesday, June 7th    8th grade graduation
Wednesday, June 8th    Last day of school (half day)

Tweets, quotes, and blogs
(from MindShift)

"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets credit."
Ronald Reagan

(from Inspiring Quotes)

"One has to realize one's limitations.  Why kid yourself?"
I. M. Pei, architect

(from Inspiring Quotes)

(The 5SWs from Andrew Marotta. It's worth the 90 seconds, I promise!)

(from Inspiring Quotes)

"Your greatest mess may be the very thing that qualifies you the most to help other people."
Ed Mylett

(from Inspiring Quotes)

(from @WeinsteinEdu on the Twitters)

(from Inspiring Quotes)

BLT notes
Before we get to the shared notes, I'd like to thank Bekah, Janine, Colleen, Carey, Becky O., and Melissa for their honesty and openness during all of our BLT meetings this year.  I know they have shared your concerns with me so that we can get better.  They also shared your successes so you could be shouted out to all staff.   They will also represent our school well at the Student Achievement Committee meeting on Monday.  It has been an honor.
That being said, here are the notes for our BLT meeting.  As always, if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.

To fully answer the question I posed in the title, my week was really just okay.  Jen has been in Sanibel all week and is driving home with her brother.  We have had our daily phone calls, and were on a webinar together yesterday, but I can't wait for her to get home.  I got to spend more face to face time with my parents this week because I made time to go see them.  The week got better yesterday when Lauren came home for the weekend.  I know I say "family first" a lot and you know that I mean it.  We aren't promised tomorrow, but we can definitely make it a goal to make today the best Friday of the week!
See you all soon!
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment