Friday, September 6, 2019

Four days of amazing

Four days of amazing things.  It was a smooth start to the year, for sure.  You know what else?  I saw you fostering relationships from the time the students arrived on Tuesday morning through the end of the day on Thursday.  You used personal conversations.  You used group activities.  You developed class expectations with the students.  And I saw you smiling a lot.  To help maintain this first week excitement, don't miss the blog post from George Couros below in the "Tweets, quotes, and blogs" section.  (You'll notice that the "Tweets, quotes, and blogs" section is a much smaller section this week.  It's not because there weren't great things to read.  I just didn't spend as much time reading this week.  Tomorrow begins another week, and I'm sure I'll have some great things to share with you then.)

Great things I saw this week...
You all back with our kids.  Enough said.

Calendar
You may have noticed this week that I sent a link for you all to be able to see my Google calendar.  This may save you time from walking down to the office to see my "door" calendar.  It's your choice whether you accept the invitation, but I wanted to let you know about it.  In fact, I haven't posted a "door" calendar yet this year, and I don't plan to, either.  We all need to make sure that we review the Intermediate Special Events Calendar at our weekly grade level and specials meetings, too.

Tuesday, September 10th
Annual meeting  7PM

Wednesday, September 11th
Staff meeting  8:00-9:00
WIN assembly 8:45-9:15 (All staff will be introduced following our staff meeting.  Let me know your alma mater and please wear either Merton blue or gear from your alma mater!)
Seussical auditions

Thursday, September 12th
PTO meeting  2:30
Seussical auditions

Friday, September 13th
Seussical auditions
Please make sure that you have turned in your completed CPI test to Barb!

Saturday, September 14th
EdCampMiddleLevel  8AM-2PM (I sure hope you can join me!)

Tuesday, September 17th
Board PD calendar meeting at 7:45AM (Please see me if you have any questions about this)

Wednesday, September 18th
Culver's Night 4-8PM

Friday, September 20th
7/8 boys choir trip 7AM-2PM
7/8 dance 7-9PM

Reminders and "new news"
*We will continue our Thursday grade level meetings.  Due to A-team meetings being on Thursdays, we will meet on Mondays for our specials meetings.
*WIN Wednesday assemblies will be the second Wednesday of the month.  These are subject to change based upon discussions with the BLT and other circumstances.  Our first one is September 11th.
*Don't forget about PTO grants and Culvers' Nights

Claim it. Name it. Explain it.
This is a new section of our weekly nuts and bolts.  I'll post a picture from the week.  If it's of an activity in your classroom then you need to claim it, name it, and explain it.  Just send the staff an email so that we all know what you did!  Here's this week's picture.


Tweets, quotes, and blogs
The truth has no expiration date on it.
Beverly Johnson,
model, businesswoman

Maintaining "First Day" Excitement (from George Couros)

The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first.
Ginger Rogers,
actress, dancer
mertonint on Instagram
Family smore from 9.6.19

Family Information Nights
We normally have these the second full week of the school year.  Please meet with your team and let me know what date and time you select.  We'll work together to communicate this with our families.  I appreciate all of you providing this extra communication for our families.

Thanks for a great week.  We've still got today, and I have no meetings scheduled so you'll see me all day long.  I might even visit your classroom more than once.  Keep that energy level up today.  Before you leave today, make a list of the three things you are proud of this week and the one thing you'd like to improve upon.  Take the three proud moments home with you and leave the one improvement on your keyboard.  It will be there when you return on Monday.  Then you can think about it.
Have a great weekend!
#JustInspire
Jay
Take care of the kids.  Take care of each other.  Take care of yourself.- John Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment