Wednesday, September 11, 2019

The elephant in the room

(photo from medium.com)

On Tuesday afternoon, I listened to a Voxer message from Dennis Griffin.  We are school leaders, we are mentors to one another, and we are friends.  Part of the message he left had to do with "the elephant in the room", but the real question he posed was, "How did the elephant get into the room?  The door isn't even big enough for the elephant to get in the room."  My response was as follows-

The door is small.  And a baby elephant is also small.  When the elephant came into the room it was small enough to fit in the door.  If the elephant is addressed soon enough, we can still get the elephant out the door.  I guess our job as school leaders is to make sure we keep an eye out for the elephant so that when it does enter the room, we take care of it when it's still small and we can get it out the door.  If we wait too long, it's a much bigger problem than it should be.

I'd love your thoughts on my thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative. I'm impressed by the details that you have on this web site. Thank you for this post.more

    ReplyDelete