Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Gentle Nudge #SAVMP

I have been doing my best to keep up with the blogs through this exciting #SAVMP journey.  This one really hit home, not because I needed the nudge to reflect, but because of the way that I reflect.  Every day since August 30th of 1987, I have gone for a run.  I do it for myself as it is a time for me to be alone to think and reflect.  I haven't been in the habit of writing my reflections, but instead just use my alone running time to let my thoughts flow.  Sometimes my reflections are about school, sometimes about things going on in my personal life, and sometimes about things in my surroundings.  What I realize is that these reflections were my own and I rarely shared them with others.
Now that I have a reason to reflect and blog about these reflections, I have found that I have more in depth conversations with people, either through social media or face to face.  What is interesting to me is that I have, until today, shared these blogs only on Twitter or Google+ and not with those closest to me, my family and my staff.  Some of my reflections may be considered profound while others are just my ramblings about a certain topic that either George suggested or a topic that comes to mind on my daily run.  Either way, I am modeling reflection for my staff and I need to let them all know what I am thinking and how I feel.
Thanks for the nudge, George.

No comments:

Post a Comment